- Females give birth to 2-4 young usually in the spring.
- They can grow to be as long as 40 inches in length and weigh almost 45 lbs.
- Most wild raccoon's may only live till their 3rd birthday if they are lucky but they can live up to 22 years in captivity.
- Raccoon's can remember solutions to over come tasks when reintroduced.
- They can manipulate their bodies through some amazingly small spaces compared to their body size.
The size and flexibility of raccoon's can destroy everything in attic.... electrical wiring, A/C ducts, dry wall, insulation and not to mention defecating through the entire attic. Typically raccoon's will choose an area and use it as a latrine. However, this is not the case when the female is raising her young. Without hesitation they spread bacteria, parasites and diseases throughout your home.